Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sundays Thoughts: Forgiveness



Today was an incredible day at church. All of the speakers shared beautiful thoughts, the teachers had wonderful lessons and the comments were all inspired. In our Relief Society meeting (which is our women's meeting at church) we discussed forgiveness. We talked about why we should forgive, how we know we have forgiven someone and who we need to forgive.

Throughout the lesson I had one experience in particular in my mind that I was reflecting on. Through that experience I really learned the importance of forgiving others, forgiving myself and asking for forgiveness.

Have you ever met someone and you have known that you knew each other before you came to earth? Those people are rare and special. I have been blessed to have a few people in my life that I have that special connection with. One of those people I have known almost my whole life and we have always had a special connection. The last few years have not been easy on our relationship due to both of our actions.

We have finally been able to move past those difficulties and it has been because of forgiveness on both ends. We both had to forgive each other and ourselves. I really believe that before we came here to earth we both knew that we would be each others greatest trial so that we could both teach each other valuable, life changing lessons and by doing that she has become one of the greatest blessings in my life.

It dawned on me today that forgiveness is a beautiful blessing we have been given. Our Heavenly Father and Savior forgive all those that ask for forgiveness and so when we forgive we are becoming more like our Heavenly Father and Savior. In Doctrine & Covenants it says that "we are required to forgive all" and I know that to be true. I am so grateful for my friend for having patience with me through these years and I am truly grateful for the lessons that she has taught me. I am also grateful for my Heavenly Father for putting her in my life so that I could be greatly blessed and taught.

Forgiveness is not always easy but it is always worth it. I am grateful that my Savior died so that I may be forgiven; that is the greatest gift I have ever and will ever receive. I hope that you are all able to feel the power of forgiveness in your life as well, whether it be forgiving yourself, forgiving others or being forgiven.

xoxo, nb

P.S. This is my new favorite picture, I love the expression on Mary's face; pure joy.  The painting is called A Mothers Love by Scott Sumner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love reading what you have to say and responding back.