Thursday, November 8, 2012

38. Fur





Vest: Gap $25, Belt: Charlotte Russe: $3, Tee: Old Navy $7, Earrings: Aldo $1, Watch: Aldo $35
Skirt: Forever 21 $8, Purse: Aldo $50, Tights: Forever 21 $6, Shoes: Payless, Necklace: Forever 21 $13


Sometimes I have a fear of "bold" pieces. The first time a buy an article of clothing, something like I've never owned before, it takes a great deal of courage for me to wear it. I don't know why. I'm not sure if I think the whole world will simultaneously stop, point at me, and laugh or what. But that being said I bought this vest last Fall with the plans of wearing it at Christmas time. I loved the soft {fake} fur collar and the knitted bodice but at the last minute chickened out and it's been waiting patiently for me to be brave in the back of my closet. Well, this past Sunday I wore it and nobody pointed and laughed at me! 

I think that a touch of fur, or a big bang of fur too, adds a touch of elegance and luxury to an outfit. I really love the vests that are all fur and multi colored neutrals. I think they are gorgeous! Wearing fur is probably the oldest fashion trick in the book so let's all give a nod to our brave early ancestors, seriously they lived in caves and ate raw meat; brave, and rock some fur this winter.

xoxo, nb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love reading what you have to say and responding back.