Monday, November 5, 2012

35. Fitted Bra

Project 100

Okay so no outfit picture today because obviously I wasn't going to do an outfit post featuring my bra! But it is very, very, VERY important to have a well fitting bra.

If you have never been measure and sized go and do it ASAP. Most places will do it as a free service and don't expect you to make any purchases afterwards. It's not awkward, you keep all your clothes on the whole time and they take two quick measurements. First: just under your breasts and that is to get your rib size and then you bust line to get your cup size.

Once you know what your size is you will be much better off when it comes to buy bras. However, some cuts aren't going to fit you quite right and this is the advice that I have read by experts. Go up one and down the other... so for instance if you are a 36B you can also wear at 34C OR a 38A. Sometimes a certain cut will fit you better in one of those sizes.

Now the other thing I will tell you is Victoria Secret and La Senza are NOT the only places you can buy quality bras. Throughout high school I bought all my bras at La Senza {it is the Canadian equivalent of Victoria Secret} because it was the most expensive place and they did have fun colors so obviously they were my best option. However, every night it was like I was taking a corset off, it just felt so nice to be free... I think a lot of you know what I mean.

For awhile after we were married I rebelled from La Senza and decided to wear the George line from Walmart and they were pretty nice for a few months but then they reverted to the same corset-type feeling by the end of the day. So what I have learned is you have to find a proper balance of quality and price. I found my bras at Winners {a Canadian equivalent of TJ Maxx} they were valued at $20 some dollars but I got them for $7. They are very comfortable, honestly sometimes I forget that I am wearing a bra! So my point is shop around and find the brand that works best for you. I'm not saying La Senza and VS will always be the wrong choice because for some of you they might fit you the best, all I mean is a brand name doesn't ensure anything, try them on and find the best on for you. The brands I have now are AKA, Warners, Ellen Tracy and Triumph.

Also I would suggest having at 5-7 bras because they will last longer, especially those of you who are more well endowed. Even us smaller girls need to rotate.

Well I hope that was helpful and you learned something new. If anyone has little tidbits of wisdom learned from experience please, please, please feel free to share in a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love reading what you have to say and responding back.