Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tuesday Tutorial: He & She Canvas's

"I used to feel so alone in the city. All those gazillions of 
people and then me, on the outside. Because how do 
you meet a new person? I was stunned by this for many 
years. And then I realized, you just say, 'Hi.' 
They may ignore you. Or you may marry
them. And that possibility is worth that one word."

Augusten Burroughs


I read this quote today on Harley and Jane and it really stuck with me. As humans we crave other humans. Being married to your best friend is amazing and Kennedy is my absolute favorite person in the whole wide world but it is great to have some other friends in your life too. I'm pretty lucky; I have tons of amazing friends. Some I know really well and others I am still getting to know. Today one of my wonderful, and new, friends Darcy told me I should start a DIY section on my blog... and I thought it was a good idea! So starting now Tuesdays will be for featuring my Project of the Week. Check out this weeks project below!


He & She

Supplies:
Modge Podge
2 Foam Brushes
Two pieces of 8 1/2 x 11 paper
Computer/Printer
Canvas
Black paint {or whatever you so desire!}
Ampersand wooden figuring {optional}

I'm sorry there aren't step-by-step pictures... I didn't know this was going to be a tutorial when I made it!

Final Look:



Step 1: Have you and your husband write out reasons that you love each other in a word file in a text box until you fill the screen. Make sure you format both pages the same; same font, same size, same dividers, etc. Make sure the text boxes fill most of the page and that it's centered BUT it doesn't exceed the printing boundaries. 

Step 2: Add a new a text box into each file. In the file about the girl write 'SHE' in the new text box and make it as big as possible. Pick whatever color goes with your decor but make sure it's light so your reasons will pop out. Do the same things for the reasons about the boy; add a text box and type 'HE' but make it the same size as 'SHE'. Make sure they are both centered.

Now if something goes wrong DON'T WORRY, you can just print out another one :)

Step 3: Paint your canvas and ampersand black with one of the foam brushes {if you want to use a paint brush I'm sure it would turn out great too!}, it will need two coats, possibly three. Let it dry.

Step 4: Spread Modge Podge on the back of your papers with the foam brush and CAREFULLY place them on the canvases and then spread Modge Podge over the entire surface of the canvas and paper. It will go on cloudy but it will dry clear. If you get bumps or ripples DON'T WORRY mine has a few little ripples and it made me angry but you can't really tell. If you do it perfectly than good for you! :)

Step 5: Let your canvas dry and make sure you wash out your brush or it will dry hard and you won't be able to re-use it!

Step 6: Hang on your wall and enjoy :)

Hope you enjoyed! I also hope you have wonderful old and new friends in your life to adore and to adore you!

What did you adore today?

xoxo, nb


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love reading what you have to say and responding back.