Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mr. Golden Sun.

So I don't know what it's like where you live but here Mother Nature has been really drenching everything. This past weekend was beautiful and I took advantage of the sun by wearing shorts... as you can see my legs haven't got as much sun as my arms and face... I'm working on it. Promise.


So I have been pondering about a lot of things the past two weeks and I have decided to try hard to change some things about myself that need some improving. I have discovered that I am very cautious about offending people and creating awkward situations. You might think, "hey, thats a great attribute?"... Well it is good but not when it dictates how your project yourself to people. I have realized that when I don't know people well I tend act more reserved and withdrawn and because of that some people never really get to know me and I end up feeling exhausted from with holding myself. So from here on out I am going to try to not over-think every little thing I say and do around people I don't know well yet. I realize it's easier said than done though so I expect I have a long road ahead of me. If you have made a goal like this before, let me know! I would love to hear about your experiences!


Wearing: Top & Shorts: Old Navy, Sandals: Walmart, Necklace: is from high school and my memory is failing me... Bangles: Forever 21


Another thought I have been pondering this week is a quote I saw on Pinterest. It said "It's not what happens to you that matters but how you react." I am working on that principle too. Anyways I hope it's sunny where you are and that you send some my way soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love reading what you have to say and responding back.