Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sundays Thoughts

I've been feeling like I should do this for awhile and I've been putting it off a little. I don't consider myself to be an especially talented writer so putting my words out to the world is a little intimidating. For those of you that follow my blog you will know that I don't write a ton in my posts, I like when the pictures speak for themselves. However, I have felt like each Sunday I would like to write a little about my feelings.

I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The first Sunday of every month in our first hour of meetings we hold what is called a fast and testimony meeting. This is when anyone in the congregation can go up to the pulpit and share their testimony and feelings about the gospel. Today during our meeting I reflected on an experience I had earlier this week and I'd like to share it with you.

I was driving and listening to a song; Lullaby by Shawn Mullins. I don't know if you are familiar with it. It is a bit of a story song. It talks about this girl who grew up in LA, her parents are rich and friends with all the right people, despite all these things she is unhappy. Suddenly I was overwhelmed with this feeling of gratitude for my Savior and the gospel.

Earlier in the week I was listening to a radio talk show and they mentioned Lindsay Lohan and her latest legal problems. So when I was listening to the song I thought about her and how there are so many people around the world searching for true happiness and they don't know where to find it. True happiness isn't found in the perfect wardrobe, or having the best body, the coolest car, the latest technology, it is not even found in being more wealthy than anyone could imagine. True happiness is found in having loving relationships with the most important people in your life. It is found in coming to know and love our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

At this time of year there is a heavy emphases on the "holidays". There isn't anything inherently wrong with celebrating the holidays. But please don't forget that Christmas is a time of year to celebrate the birth of our Savior and our abundance of blessings.

I hope you are able to spend this Christmas with someone you love.

xoxo, nb

If my feelings don't fall inline with any of your beliefs that is totally fine but please no criticism here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love reading what you have to say and responding back.